From the first and last entry of 2014 to now, life was a bit of a roller coaster. Filled with joy, frustration, loneliness, and content.
- Visit: Mom and Dad celebrating their 40th Wedding Anniversary with us here in OZ.
- Driving: A new car I can actually drive. Laughing when I occasionally flick on the wipers instead of the blinkers. Act normal when I ‘meant to put my purse’ in the passenger side.
- Contribution: Re-entering the workforce to do meaningful things. Continuing to attend Yelp events as an Elite. Preparing for changes in the disability sector.
- Health: Thankfully I have found a good GP locally.
- Jobs provision: Thankfully I don’t have to worry about it any longer.
- Anxiety: May have a lot to do with communication and my persona as a ‘know-it-all.’ Still a work in progress. Maybe writing it out would help – as I tend to create a lot of scenarios.
- Friends and family: Oh, how I miss my US friends and family. I’m frustrated I’m not going to witness Baby Z in Philly grow. I have to take it on the chin and accept it is reality of being an expat. Thankfully there is amazing technology available. I am a fan of Glide video messaging. I like seeing snapshots on Instagram. It isn’t the same, but it’ll do. I have slowly expanded a social circle here in OZ, it’s awesome.
- Us time: It is good to just mellow out and do nothing, we did a lot of that on our Fiji holiday over last Christmas.
- Books: 2014 I surpassed my goal to read 54 books, and am glad I can share reading time with L. He is now on his 5th book for this year, a huge achievement.